Last updated: January 26, 2021
2. How We Collect Information
Information We Collect From You
We collect personal information from you when you: (1) purchase products from us; (2) register for and use an account on the Site; (3) participate in a promotion or survey; (4) contact us for customer service, personal styling assistance or any other reason; (5) apply for a job; or (6) otherwise use the Site or provide information to us.
The information we collect may include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, billing and shipping address, account name, account password and phone number.
- Demographic Information, such as your date of birth and gender.
- Commercial Information, such as details on the items purchased/returned and product preferences.
- Employment and Education Information, such as your education and employment history when you submit your job application with us.
- Payment Information, such as credit card or other payment or billing information in connection with your use or purchase of our goods and services.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect certain information from you when you access the Site, including the following:
- Identifiers, such as IP address and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons, and similar tracking technologies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as information about your browser type, operating system, pages accessed on our Site, links clicked, and time spent on the Site.
- Geolocation Data, such as your IP address that can reveal your general location.
We use this information to tailor the content of our website and to enhance your shopping and customer service experience.
Cookies And Other Tracking Technology
We use “cookies,” “web beacons” and other tracking technologies, which sometimes distinguish you from other visitors to the Site, to understand better how you interact with the Site and email communications. A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies enable the Site to recognize your device upon future visits. Web beacons, typically a one-pixel image on a webpage or in an email, are used to communicate information from your computer to a website, such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears and browsing activity. By using cookies and web beacons, we may: (1) remember you when you return to the Site; (2) keep track of your order as you shop the Site; (3) preserve your shopping bag for later consideration; (4) grant access to the secure parts of the Site; and (5) monitor, improve and customize our web content, our products and services and our promotional and advertising activities. You can manage, refuse or block cookies and web beacons at any time through the settings in your web browser. However, by doing so, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
In addition, Rowan and certain service providers may collect personal information about our visitors’ online activities over time and across third party websites.
Third Party Analytics And Advertising
In our effort to improve and customize our content, and to provide you with advertising and offers that may be of interest to you, we engage third party service providers that use tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visits to this website and other sites, and your interaction with our email communications. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze data, understand our visitors’ web activity, develop promotional and advertising activities and serve targeted content and advertisements to you on this and other sites. To learn more about Internet-based advertising and your choices with respect to them, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org and the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information from the U.S. Postal Service’s national change of address database to verify and update mailing addresses, or information about you from credit bureaus, former employers, and references when you apply for a job with us.
3. How We Use Information
We may use information about you for various business and commercial purposes, including to:
- Furnish the products and services you request, process your transactions and send you related information, such as order and shipping confirmations and receipts;
- Provide customer support and respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Notify you of products, services, offers, promotions, events and features that may be of interest to you;
- Facilitate and personalize your shopping experience in our stores and online;
- Develop and improve our products, services, this website and our stores;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Advertise and market our products and services
- Manage your online account(s) and provide updates, security alerts and administrative messages;
- Debug, identify, and repair errors that impair the functionality of the Site;
- Detect and prevent fraud and protect the security of the Site and our operations;
- Comply with our legal obligations; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which the information was collected in a lawful manner that is consistent with the context in which you provided the information.
We may combine the information we collect from and about you online with the information we collect from and about you offline. We may also combine your information with information we receive about you from other sources, such as address update services.
Please note that the Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for our customers in the United States. If you access the Site from a location outside of the United States, you acknowledge that the information you share and that we collect on the Site is sent to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide the same or equivalent level of data protection laws as those of your country of residence.
4. Information We Share
Rowan will never share, sell or rent your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We may disclose information collected from and about you as follows (subject to applicable laws):
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who use the information solely to carry out our instructions and for no other purpose;
- To comply with a request for information by law enforcement, or to the extent required by applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- In connection with any proposed or actual merger, financing or sale or transfer of all or a portion of our assets or business to another entity;
- If you request to share a product page or your “wish list” with another person, in which case we only use the information to complete the request and will not retain such information; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
5. California Privacy Disclosures and Rights
Summary Table of Data Practices
The following table summarizes our personal information collection, use, and sharing practices in the preceding 12 months.
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Sources
Commercial / Business Purpose(s) for Collection
Categories of Vendors (including third parties and service providers) to which Personal Information Is Disclosed for a Business or Commercial Purpose
Categories of Vendors (including third parties and service providers) to which Personal Information Is Sold
Sources stated in Section II, including:
Uses and Purposes stated in Section III, including:
Entities stated in Section IV, including:
Entities stated in Section IV, including:
Employment and Education Information
6. Change Your Preferences
To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you may: (1) follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in each promotional email; (2) log into your account on the Site and change your preferences; or (3) send your request, along with your name, email and postal address, to the email or postal address listed here. We will process your request within a reasonable time frame, but you may, in the interim, receive previously scheduled communications from us. We may also continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as messages about your account or purchases.
7. How We Secure Your Information
Security is extremely important to us. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide on this website and in our stores against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration or use. We use Secure Socket Layering (SSL) technology to ensure that personal and payment information provided on forrowan.com is protected when transmitted over the Internet. Please check the URL line of your browser when submitting information. When the letters in the URL line change from "http" to "https," the "s" is an indication that you are now in a secure area employing SSL.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the Internet is never completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of information shared with us online. When you store information in an online account, we ask that you protect such information with a password. Please take care to protect your password. We will never ask you for your password.
8. Third Party Sites and Stores
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other sites operated by companies that are not affiliated with Rowan. These third-party sites may have different privacy policies, which you should review if you access the sites from the Site. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any websites that are not affiliated with Rowan.
9. Children's Privacy
The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
10. Do Not Track
While your browser may offer you a "Do Not Track" setting option, our Site currently does not respond to or support Do Not Track signals at this time.
11. Contact Us